Have you been keeping your core strength up during lockdown?
Trailblazer and extreme obstacle course racer & instructor Jan De Beer has developed the ultimate core workout – all done in your garden or lounge!
Give it a bash and let us know how you go..
Perform your reps in a pyramid format (10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 4, 6, 6, 8, 8, 10, 10)
Remember to keep your focus on your core and abs the whole time.
1.Start with a 7 min warm up of your choice (stretching, running on the spot, star jumps etc.)
2. Cross over V-ups:
- Start with lying straight on the ground
- Alternate left arm to right leg, keeping your legs straight the whole time and your arm & abs in a crunch manoeuvre
- Perform exercise with right arm/left leg
3. Straight leg crunches
- Start in a half sit up position
- Alternate left elbow to right knee
- Alternate right elbow to left knee
4. Pushup to ankle touch pike
- Start off in a straight arm plank position
- Alternate reaching your right hand to your left ankle, keeping both your arms and legs straight the whole time
- Complete the exercise on the other side
5. 30 second sit up hold with punches
6. Stretch hip flexors and abs for your cooldown